Last week Friday I was like this, basically, for most of the day.
Because Thursday had been the amazingly fantastic well attended noisy fun crazy loud launch for Banished in the Gallery at Foyles and I am not used to:
- Staying awake with people till after midnight
- Being an outside talking person (most of the talking happens inside my head)
It was huge amounts of fun though. We had cookies. And popcorn. There was wine and books and people and talking and I felt like a rockstar basically.
Some pics (nabbed off my agent Juliet’s FB page!)
A huge thanks to everyone who came along to celebrate with me. And Mark. It really was magical. And for all my gorgeous presents. I was truly spoiled. And between Mark and I we managed to eat an entire red velvet cake and it was perfect. I regret nothing.
And a big thanks to my friend Bev for dragging me out on Friday night to go and see Versailles at the Donmar. I loved it utterly. It’s made me resolve to go and see more theatre, that’s for sure!
The #banishedswag competition went RIDICULOUSLY well and the lovely Karen / @LOLintheLibrary got randomly chosen by random.org which is fab. We’ve been in touch and K’s opted for the Kindle. So once I’ve got the parcel put together, I will take a snap and add it up.
Below are the links to the Banished blog-tour that happened all of last week and the weekend.
- Secret Seven Things about me and Banished you may / may not want to know…courtesy of Serendipity Reviews.
- Childhood Reads up at Fiction Fascination
- Over at I Wish I Was A Book – Fantasy Dinner Guests (it goes a bit weird)
- At Day Dreamer’s Thoughts I talk about research and what if…
- Becky’s Barmy Book Blog – I have characters Aiden and Kit interview one another
- The Queen of Teen Fiction lets me waffle on about going from blogger to author
- Darren at Bookzone for Boys hosts me as I waffle on about my favourite action movies
Thanks so much to everyone hosting me and being patient as people waffled via twitter about the blog posts etc.
Earlier this week I met with my lovely editor Bella and we got to sit down and chat about book 2 (Vowed) and the shenanigans and fall-out that needs sorting out in book 3. It was thrilling and terrifying in equal measure because it means that, almost sooner than what I’m ready, I have to write book 3 and wow, that’s just…wow.
Yes, I’m the writer. I have incredible strong word power skills. Shut up.
Anyway. This is exciting. I got this email late last night from Bella:
Editing book 2 will be happening over the next few weeks which is *flails*.
I’ll also be talking on the Tor blog later this month, more about the how Blackhart trilogy acquisition happened and we’ll also be talking about the editorial process and a few other things at a later stage.
If you’ve missed the first blogpost I did for Tor on getting an agent, do check that out here. I even scraped my courage together and supplied them with my query letter I sent off to Juliet. Juliet also kindly commented about the letter and what she thought of it. The blog’s been getting a really positive response and I hope it helps newbie writers out there in some way.
Mirrored from Liz de Jager.